Thank you for visiting and Welcome to excellent way to learn about Harmonic Trading. This site will be updated regularly and will focus on presenting harmonic trading and harmonic patterns together with practical tips / tricks / hints to trade patterns like Gartley, Bat, Butterfly, Crab and 121 successfully. Lots of methods ilustrated with detailed exmaples. Your valuable comments will be added here or taken for further discussions on the TradingArsenal Forum . Note that from the TradingArsenal site you may download a test version of our korHarmonics - harmonic and price patterns recognition indicator (MT4 only). Examples are taken mainly from www.AMPmonitor.com - powerful web based platform that scans and alerts you on the price patterns and harmonic trading opportunities (check for more info on AMP indicator and AMPmonitor).
Monday, September 15, 2014
Sunday, August 10, 2014
Friday, August 1, 2014
Note: If you are serious about your trading and want to share with others your geometry based setups, confirmation methods and experience, feel free to join the SKYPE GROUP discussions: SKYPE GROUP Access Link
Friday, June 13, 2014
Goal is to discuss the Harmonic Trading (geometry based) setups.
If you are serious about your trading and want to share with others your geometry based setups/confirmation methods and experience, feel free to join the discussion -> Harmonic Trading Skype Group
Skype group functionality has the members limits so the inactive users will have to be removed frequently, sorry.
Monday, January 27, 2014
Most agressive is to catch the exact top / low, but this requires experience and top skills. Great satisfaction when you catch the exact top / bottom, but can be painful if you miss several such entries in a row.
An alternative, less risky but offering poorer R:R, is the entry on the re-test of the D price level (88.6 - 100% retracement):
It's up to you to choose. When mastered, the Butterfly pattern beats the Gartley pattern!
Saturday, November 16, 2013
Sunday, October 27, 2013
For more on Bat pattern trading and confirmation techniques check our repository: http://tradingarsenal.com/bat-pattern/281-bat-pattern-table-content.html
Monday, September 16, 2013
Nice list of Harmonic Trading Benefits / Advantages:
1. Method offers excellent Reward:Risk ratio.
2. Leading indicator, projects future price move direction in advance.
3. Used on any Forex pair or market
4. Used on any timeframe
5. News independent
6. Well defined price patterns structures
7. Help to see kind of order in the market
8. High probability setups
9. Clearly defined pattern invalidation level (important for SL placement).
10. point D is the market decision point. Price will move strongly from D, or in the direction indicated by the pattern, or opposite (pattern failure). Anyway, it's high probability to have a strong move.
11. HT method is easy to combine with other trading methods (Elliott Wave theory, Pivot points, MACD, Stochastic, RSI, divergences, volume, Supply/Demand, candlestick formations, cycles and timing methods, grid and various money management techniques).
12. Perfectly fits to the traders law: "Buy low, sell high".
13. Trend reversal forecasting capability.
14. Technical, mechanical method, can be programmed, automatized. Free and commercial indicators available.
15. Combines price patterns with Fibonacci ratios.
16. Harmonic patterns occur frequently.
17. Harmonic patterns usually create a very tight potential trade area.
if you care, more on this on the Forum -> Benefits & advantages of harmonic patterns trading
Anyway, many years trading the markets already and no better method found :-)
Sunday, August 25, 2013
StopLoss and TakeProfit levels in AMPmonitor are only to demonstrate an idea about possibile levels and Reward:Risk. Traders use different approach to TP and SL and will use their levels anyway.
Since Gartley should be ideally first correction in new trend or for continuation "Gartley" should be any later correction within ongoing trend, the TakeProfits/SLs levels are to be corrected in AMPmonitor.
What AMPmonitor presents now is:
What we will change it to is:
In this specific case the pattern will become invalidated (as did not reach TP before reaching SL) instead of Running (successfully meeting TP level). It's more proper anyway.
If you have additional comments or ideas for AMPmonitor improvements feel free to post them here: AMPmonitor comments and improvements
Just a brief note to let you know that this Forum thread Harmonic Trading discussions becomes more and more active.
Here we discuss harmonic trading method, the pros and cons. Here people present the emerging harmonic setups and trade opportunities. Here traders share their harmonic patterns experience. The confirmation methods, entry and exit rules are discussed.
If you use this type of trading feel free to join us and the discussions.
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
... but tradeable patterns can and will often take more complex forms.
Pattern location is very important to spot tradable patterns with complex structures. Location of pattern's X point is the key.
Daily harmonic setups discussion on : Interactive Trading Setups Discussion on www.TradingArsenal.com
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Monday, March 18, 2013
Due to the pleasant fact that the TradingArsenal forum and Community are growing so vast, we prepared this email to guide you a bit more - WHAT and WHERE can be found in the TradingArsenal "knowledge libraries".
1. If you are searching for a daily trading opportunities or want to discuss your trade ideas, or you simple seek for a PRO guidance and comments from people that are trading the markets and not just write about them… visit the Trading Setups Discussions, the best place about live trading with geometry patterns: http://tradingarsenal.com/live-trades-interactive-trading/472-interactive-trading-setups-disscussion.html
2. Regardless if you are beginner or an experienced trader, there is always something new to learn in this business. Here you will find our finest base of market geometry & harmonic patterns knowledge. Even a simple picture with short description can be once an eye opener. This link will direct you to the powerful knowledge base about most popular and profitable harmonic patterns: http://tradingarsenal.com/market-geometry-harmonic-patterns-8/
3. Want to discover some new, inspiring and innovative systems and strategies ideas? We try not to mess up our forum with silly methods. Instead of that, we would like to direct you straight into intersting systems and concepts. They are proven to work. Check out if they make sense for you and fit your trading psyche. Here is the dedicated link to the Trading Systems section:http://tradingarsenal.com/trading-systems-81/
4. Finally, if you are an "indi guy", looking for some fancy indicators, here you will find what we and our community considers valuable and powerful (most used by us on MT4 platforms):http://tradingarsenal.com/indicators-exepert-advisors-52/
This and of course a lot more is just waiting for you to discover. See you on TradingArsenal!
Trading Arsenal Team
Saturday, March 16, 2013
New price and time fractal based confirmations were added to AMP indicator. Shortly they will be available on AMPmonitor.com platform.
Thursday, March 7, 2013
First equity curve is "simple" 10000% how he is saying. He has many such in his Forex records beating career.
|Forex Live account 10000% in 5 sessions|
Second equity curve screenshot is his best record ever, although he tried several times, could not beat nor repeat this one again. Equity curve looks amazing. Doubt anyone can beat it. I assume market conditions had to be specific for these 5 days, and he had luck during each entry. Note however that it's difficult to be lucky 47 times in a row :)... maybe it's something more than luck :)
|Forex Live account 26000% in 5 sessions|
There are of course scenarios where B is located lower and deeper and still pattern looks so harmonic, with perfect AB=CD that it's too tempting for some traders to skip the opportunity.
We just had such an Gartley example on Forex EURJPY pair. It's a continuation Gartley pattern with pretty perfect AB=CD, although point B is located at 88.6.
|deep Gartley continuation pattern|
To learn more about the Gartley patterns and about specific reversal and continuation versions read more here -> Gartley pattern - Table of Content
Sunday, February 24, 2013
A very interesting insight was published on the forum recently. Imagine an indicator that never repainted or lagged behind current price movement; instead it measures trending price action in real time. It is called the awesome price action movement indicator, or APAMI for short. Complete documentation, including a video overview of how it works, and a free download is available for you at this link: http://tradingarsenal.com/trading-systems/532-awareness-forex-system-apami-indicator.html
Let us know what you like about it the most (or least) on the forum thread.
Trading Arsenal Team
Friday, February 22, 2013
To read more about APAMI indicator and APAMI system check: Awareness Forex System APAMI indicator
This is something I would like to recommend. APAMI indicator - very interesting concept and useful indicator for MT4 and MT5 platforms. It's zero lag, trend detection indicator. Can be combined with many different trading methods, including harmonic trading.
More on APAMI indicator here: Awareness forex system APAMI indicator
Sunday, February 17, 2013
Traders trying to pick up any of the pattern appearance on the chart are asking for failure. It's simple and hopefully obvious rule.
New threads dedicated to Shark pattern trading is under construction and will be available here -> http://tradingarsenal.com/shark-pattern-80/